Managed by six daughters who have experienced the loss of a loved one with dementia, AlzAuthors serves the goal of making a difference to your dementia journey.
We chose to write about our personal stories to help others along their journey and now, we invite others to join us and become an AlzAuthor.
- We know the pain of being forgotten.
- We have all witnessed decline.
- We have provided countless hours of caregiving.
- We know many others have experienced the same.
- Now, more than ever, we believe in the power of sharing our stories.
Lift the silence and stigma of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
We are a community of authors sharing Alzheimer’s and dementia stories to light the way for others.
- Connect writers and readers by providing easy access to books, blogs and other resources.
- Honor the personal experiences of those impacted by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Promote works from around the world, welcoming a diversity of experiences.
- Advance the understanding of Alzheimer’s and other dementias through collective knowledge.
- Encourage healing by embracing the power of vulnerability – you are not alone.
Our AlzAuthors write words that serve as caregiver handbooks, guides through the disease process, or a catalyst for much needed conversation. We feature a new author each week and receive requests for inclusion from writers globally. We are 200 strong and growing. For information about becoming an AlzAuthors, please see our Contact page.
May one of our AUTHORS speak to your experience.
- The AlzAuthors Inspiration Collection, sponsored by the Kline Center, was created for the Connecting Circles of Care and Building Bridges of Hope Cruise and Conference in April 2019.
Authors from around the world helped create our first AlzAuthors Traveling Library through their generous book donations.
- The Management Team is hard at work on the 2nd AlzAuthors Anthology.
- AlzAuthors spoke at the Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Education Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina in August. Our AlzAuthors donated over 60 books for this event!
- AlzAuthors generously donated books for a dementia cruise, where participants received books as daily prizes, and eBooks were also offered on sale to cruise attendees.
- The Management Team of AlzAuthors attended the national Caregiving.com Conference in Chicago in November.
- AlzAuthors’ first anthology, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Caregiving Stories, a poignant collection of essays that grew out of our first year’s blog posts, is now available for order on Amazon.